Tuesday 7 September 2010

Blogging my way out of my 30's

Thought this might be a nice way to start having seen a few of my friends do this. They have their own reasons for bloging and I have mine too. I am hoping I will keep it updated .........only time will tell.  


Where to begin???


The last 9 months have been life altering in some small and large ways. The biggest was giving up 40 a day cigs. That took time and effort on a different level to anything I have ever done before. Having done that I want to use that same determination to get myself back into shape. Kicking the fags proved to me I CAN do whatever I set my mind to.


Reasons for it??


For too many years I have sat at the PC smoking and playing a damn addictive game called World of Warcraft. It took over my life for way too long. I did however make some awesome online friends and met a few in person but sat on the PC forgetting about the ace mates I have right here :) I would rather of played WOW than went out for coffee.........that now has changed! I am never in and took the step and cancelled my account.




Why now??


The years of neglecting excersise and smoking have finally caught up to me and now when I look in the mirror I do not see the real me. I see some big girl looking at me. I want to see ME again. Never will I be the super fit athlete I once was but I am going to try damn hard to get as close to that as I can.
Suppose its time now, I am fast approaching the end of my 30's and have set myself the goal of hitting my 40's looking good. I have beaten fags, now to beat the fat! which gives me 13 months......to lose 4 stone..........


How to do it??


Step 1. Get the Thyroid Medication sorted, once that is regulated hopefully should be easier ( Underactive Thyroid)


Step 2. Get the Septum straightened. Getting done on my Birthday 11th October, this will make breathing easy again. I can seriously feel it when I exercise. It will make a huge difference.


Step 3. Watch what I am eating! I am terrible, I like HUGE portions. LOVE tatties and bread.... I need to cut this down. 3 meals a day, snack on fruit, honestly, just a simple sensible diet which I almost do have, just the portion sizes. If however I feel I am getting no where I shall head to a slimming club for a "kick start"


Step 4. EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!     My biggest downfall till 2 weeks ago. This I feel for me is my turning point. I need to simply do it!






Weight 14 stone 4 lbs!

1 comment:

  1. hey karen im really happy for u im let u finish but diarys are the best blogs of all time!

    OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

    j/k

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...