Saturday 12 February 2011

Recipe books.

Never thought I would see the day I was using a recipe book!!  But here we ( Mike and I both) are using the books I bought at Slimming world. Its great 9/10 times!  For us, its teaching us a new way to cook. For one we never ever used the grill unless it was for cheese on toast, now its got home-made burgers and chicken fillets going in it. I do however have a huge cast iron griddle pan that I always used before ( with loads of oil in it to stop it all sticking) but there is something nice about grilling. I shall use the grill more.

Here for example is what we had tonight, Chermoula Chicken with fruity couscous. I would give it 8/10. Was a bit too spicy for me, my lips where tingling at the end. That's maybe why the couscous was fruity, to cool it down. I would defo have it again as it was all syn free! Meaning I would be able to eat it all over and over if I wanted.


Tomorrow night is Meatballs with herbed Tagliatelle.  ( but have Extra Lean Steak Mince instead of Turkey Mince so using that)

4 comments:

  1. Karen sounds lovely - think I might join after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come with me! I will get a free week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What books did you get? I'm going to get some next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extra Easy Cookbook is the main one I have

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...