Monday 14 February 2011

Valentines Day

Well I ended up in the kitchen for hours! Felt like Delia Smith for a bit but enjoyed it. Decided to have a nice meal with my husband and cause I need to watch the syns I thought it best to make it all myself. I did look and the M&S meal deals but all packed with oils and butter so instead bought 2 very nice, lean Sirloin steaks.

This is the sauce recipe.
I am a pro now though see! All the little torn bits of paper keeping my pages haha.

Sirloin Steak,
Beef Tomato stuffed with sautéed red onion, mushrooms and couscous,
Herb Roasted Vegetables  ( Carrots, Sweet Potato, Butter nut Squash, Mushrooms and onions),
Boiled Broccoli and runner beans,
Home made ( slimming world syn free) Chips
and all smothered in a home made Mustard and Mushroom Sauce.




Should of took a pic before, not just the after.

Followed by an Apple Betty with pear in it lol. Also made by me. It is simply peeled and sliced fruit in the bottom of a dish with eggs, sweetener and a Muller light added in then baked in the oven. It was meant to be a vanilla one but I had none left so added a Raspberry and Cranberry instead. I think it would of been better with the vanilla. I will defiantly make it again. However less as Mike was not too keen on it.   Served with sweetened Quark. Which shocked me how nice it was when it was sweetened.



PS, the meatballs where..............ok ish, WAY too much garlic.

Tomorrow night is Stew!


I got some pretty pink flowers too!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I'm coming to your's for dinner!!!
    ps. lucky lady getting some nice flowers too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was really good thks Delia...I mean Karen.

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...