Thursday 3 March 2011

Week 5



Ahh well it was all going too smooth. Gained 1lb last night. Yeah yeah its just 1lb, but oh my word, was I in a bad mood about it. Went over everything in my head, what I had eaten? what was wrong? what was different about getting weighted tonight over last week? period due? etc etc etc and well I could give a huge list of excuses but hey ho! Its 1lb and I will work my ass off for next week, starting with Zumba tonight.


Have tried a few nice recipes this week, a few not so good ones too. Had Chicken Enchiladas tonight which I loved , Mike and Kelly ate them but I don't think they would rush to have them again. The Meatloaf from last week was a hit and requested again so its on tomorrow night. I am still loving the cooking from scratch side. Its an eye opener as to what goes into all the food you normally pick up in the super market.  Need to get back on track this week and start throwing fruit down my gob again.


I have found that planning the weeks Menu is a very good way for me to keep ontop of meals. I sit at the weekend and write it out, then shop for anything I need, less wastage, and more pocket friendly ( well it will be once my herbs, seasoning's and such like are all bought) Just when I think I have it all a recipe asks for 3 I don't have. Did make a big error though. Did a lovely pork chop marinade the other night which needed ground cloves. I only had whole cloves so though ahh they will do. I was careful to shake the chops before I cooked them but poor Mike, Bit into one of his chops and right through a whole clove. He moved at some speed to the bin to spit it out lol.


Had a lovely walk on Sunday with my Zumba buddy who is training for the Moonwalk. Joined her for 3 miles of the copper park. Need to get to the Gym Sunday and Tuesday this week as not been last week. Exercise is my key to losing weight. Also going to see about a bike carrier so we can head to the woods ( Culbin and Roseisle as they are mostly flat for Marcus) and me lol.

1 comment:

  1. Need to sell the kid barrier bike thing to buy the bike carrier fingy.

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...