Thursday 31 March 2011

Week 9



Kinda have a lot to yap about this week. Maybe I will need to start doing smaller posts in the week instead of a long one once a week. Otherwise I will forget what I have done and it takes a while to do.


Last week started off normal but on Thursday at work I could feel my belly was not quite right. By Supper time I had to get to bed. Had a terrible tummy bug that lasted into Friday. I hate taking time off work too but had to take Friday off, I would not of been able to cope plus also working with food I would not of been allowed to work. So Thursday and Friday I lay low. 



Saturday I was back in the land of the living outside the toilet, did the menu for the week, did the housework, the shopping, I was doing the ironing when I remembered about it..... 


A few weeks back in the P&J there was a little notice about a SIGMA meeting ( Moray's Astronomy Club). It was in Lhanbryde and was free to the public. It was to show mostly Saturn as you would be clearly able to see the rings because of where it was in the sky. It was however pouring with rain. But at 7.50pm I decided we were all going anyway. It was very interesting. 2 guys did talks, one about what you would of seen outside had the weather been ok and the 2nd was about the moon,  got a coffee too! 1st club meeting is tomorrow night ( Friday 1st) and on Saturday there is a guy doing a talk in Nairn about Black Holes! As anyone knows it aint me that is into all this ( though I was completely engrossed in the talks) it is Kelly who loves all this. She has her own telescope and adores the whole Physics behind space. One of her chosen career paths at the moment is an Astro Physicist.  The talk tomorrow is discussing Einstein's Theories, Right up her street and right over my head but I shall go. You never know I may learn something!



Sunday was MY day! Well mine and my best mate Tracey! It was ACE! Went to Aberdeen with NO kids! Went shopping, it was great to be able to just wander the shops. You forget having kids you are always doing this at a speed or heading to the toy section or kids clothes. Bought myself a new jacket too! Ate out at Frankie and Benny's! Decided after being ill, and since it was a treat I would have whatever I fancied so I had Potato skins with goats cheese and Bruschetta, then Chicken breast with cheese and bacon smothered in a BBQ sauce! WOW it was goooood 


Then went off to see the X-Factor tour! X-Factor was brilliant. For me, Cher, Aiden Grimshaw, One Direction and Matt Cardle were fantastic! Was a fantastic day. Got home about Midnight so kinda with that and the clocks changing I was kinda shattered the next day but it was ace.
One direction




Monday blended into Tuesday rather uneventfully then came slimming on Wednesday night. I had geared myself up for a gain cause after being ill I was eating any crap I fancied. On top of that the meal out on Sunday and I had done no exercise at all! When I got on the scales I had lost 1/2 pound. Its not much but it was a better boost than a gain! Sent out my usual text to my usual crew then settled down for the class. New recipe book coming out next week, I cant wait!. Then at the end I was called out as being Slimmer of the month! I was so chuffed. Talk about beaming from ear to ear! What a boost it is. its made me so motivated to keep going. 


 Even this morning I was out in the torrential rain walking. Did 3.3 miles! Thats devotion for ya! Can't wait for next week now as I am going for a good week I hope.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Well done you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did Wagner say about it all?...Weel done wifie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - what a full packed week you had!!

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...