Saturday 9 April 2011

Week 10

Easter holidays for me this week and next so dieting is harder than normal. Kids are off too, we are out for coffee lots, eating out lots too and this week coming is Kelly's 14th birthday and she wants to go to Jimmy Chung s! So if I can even maintain and not lose I will be happy! Last week I lost 1lb but that was simply because on Monday I started to panic so I walked 5 miles on Monday night, 6 miles on Tuesday night and 6 miles during the day on Wednesday!
 So far this week I aint done much exercise unless you count shopping.Had a great day shopping on Friday in Inverness.  I am hoping to go to the gym tomorrow morning and then get out doing stuff Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as Mike is off too, then weigh in on Wednesday night.  I am so pleased with myself for my progress so far and I will stick at it.

                                                             One of my Pansies I grew from seed



Finally got started in my greenhouse. Got loads of flowers planted up into trays. 




Got my tomatoes in. Doing 3 kinds this year only. One is a beef tomato, one plum tomato and one normal one. 


Looking forward to my other veg which is peas! I love popping the pod and eating them, I so hope they grow. 


Got my tatties in too. I am going to buy another set of the bags to grow them in as I have a good few seed potatoes left.


my tattie sacks. You plant the potatoes then as they grow you 
keep covering the new growth with soil. Once they are ready there is a 
flap at the bottom you put your hand into and pull out
as many potatoes as you need.
I find it a great satisfaction to look at plants and know that I grew them from tiny little seeds ( with Mike's help of course as he is the watering guy) he reminded me of that today so thought I better note it. I am dead chuffed with the winter pansies I did last year.
     One of my baskets, one side most of got more of a hammering this winter


 I planted the seeds at the end of the summer and planted them out in October. With the crazy amount of snow and -15 temperatures we had I was amazed to see them looking so fantastic now. 


And once again the Catnip! I bought and planted it over and over last year, in different pots, trays, composts and I just could not get it to grow! Will try again this year!

4 comments:

  1. Karen that is brilliant!!! I would love to be growing my own veg. I have bought some tomato seeds, but haven't done anything with them yet...and have been wanting to grow potatoes since the last 2 years....each year I keep saying i'm going to grow them and each year I never get round to it. Probably too late now for the tatties!!! Well done you Percy Thrower!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the new water irrigation system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not too late Sharon! Get Bags in Decora tomorrow! DO IT! and yes Mike I should of taken a pic of our new fancy hose thing

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...