Sunday 16 October 2011

My 40th weekend away

My In-laws gave me a gift for my 40 th of a Night away to Inverness in a 4 star hotel. 
Me on a pedestrian suspension bridge which wobbled big time as you tried to walk over! Gave you that strange sea-sick feeling, like walking on a trampoline




Its a very very very rare thing that we are seen without one of the children, so to have a day and night alone was amazing. We started off by arriving in Inverness and entering a pub! 


Our 1st stop was a bar! No kids!! Was gooooood.


Had a wonderful time, in the wonderful company of my husband staying at a wonderful hotel! The room we had was fantastic. It was HUGE but the views were ace!


Evening meal at the Italian.


Our evening started with a wicked meal in an Italian called Zizzi's. Seriously delicious food. From there we had a tour of the pubs then back to the Hotel where some traditional Scottish music was being played by 2 guys. It was very good.
 From our massive window we could see Inverness Castle, the bridge and right up the centre of Inverness High Street. 
Inverness Castle at night ( which is not a castle any more  its actually the High Court these days)

This proved very good watching later on when all the drunks were about.  Getting the train there and back also heightened the enjoyment as there was no worry about parking and driving. I most certainly know now what I will be doing once the kids get older! Weekends away loads I imagine!!
Loved watching the bridge as the lights changed colour LOL how sad........ Yet mesmerizing!! 

2 comments:

  1. I like bridges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend away, it does you good .. I am counting the days till the kids are old enough to be left whilst me and Mr B sneak away for a weekend together ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...