Thursday 13 October 2011

My 40th!




40 eh!.!.!.!?


I remember turning 21 and thinking that at 40 I would be almost dead I would be that old! BUT here I am. 40. Some days I feel 20. Some days I feel 30. Some days I feel 80. BUT wow was I spoiled! Had a lovely but early start to the day, kids came in about 6.45am ( they wanted me to open everything before Mike left for work at 7.30) Got to open all my gifts in my bed which was ace! ................






..........................I was given an iPad2! So so so thrilled with it. Its even got my name on the back, which gives me the right to claim it back at any time from anyone who is on it!  "ITS MY iPAD IT SAYS SO ON THE BACK" is that I shall shout. The camera thing is funny, we have had major giggles playing on it.




After that came the beads. I have been on about learning to make Jewellery since last year. It was something I thought I would enjoy sitting making. My problem with Jewellery is I am so dam fussy (about pretty much everything mind you) and when I see something I like I always only "kinda" like it. Its too long, too short, no earnings  don't like the style of the earnings etc etc SO my cunning plan was to learn how to make it all so I can then alter stuff to suit my taste.  Now I need to sit with the books and figure out where to begin.......






...............Another gift fulfilled a passion I have in life. A passion I never thought I had till someone said about my boots! I do love them. The newest ones I have got were a gift for my birthday. Always need MORE boots and also................................


.........DIAMONDS!
I never ever in a million years ( or 40) thought I would be the kinda girl that likes Diamonds. The song never made sense to me, Diamonds are a girls best friend. That is until the last few years. There is a range called "Hot Diamonds" that I adore! They seem to make everything that I like, there is not much in there range I would not wear..........which is amazing cause I am known for my complete over the top fuzzy nature. I got a beautiful necklace and earring set and a ring from my parents. I decided to change a few years back. I used to "keep things for good". For special occasions etc. NOW I don't do that. Life is too short. So many items I have adored that I kept for good and by the time you go to wear them you can't. Things are either too old, too small, too big so now I live in the now and wear it all the time............... 








...........My Meal at night was a huge treat. It was at Chapter One in Forres and WOW it was good. One of that meals that you will remember as a treat for a long time. I had Fillet steak which was about 2 inches thick, topped with Pate and served on toast with veg and chips and a wonderful Madeira sauce! ..........




.....................This weekend I am heading for a night away in Inverness. Having never been there for the pubs and night-life I am looking forward to it. We are staying in a posh hotel with NO KIDS which is a first and going out to sample being young again.Inverness is the Capital of the Highlands of Scotland and is of course famous for its Loch with the monster in it. But we ain't there Nessie hunting. The pubs there have live music which is something we love. There is no where in Elgin that has that any more. I am sure I will blog about it.




Update on Slimming---------- not good! Exercise and slimming as stopped over the 40th celebrations. Gained a pound and a half which is nothing! I need to eat more to make the gain worthy of my 40th!! LOL Back on to it on Monday 17th! Until then I have chocolate cake I need to finish and an iPad that needs to be played!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fab Birthday. I was away on holiday with the girls at the time for my 40th so couldn't leave you a message on fb. Glad you were spoilt rotten :) If you are interested in doing a jewellery class let me know as I fancy giving it a go. Bought the stuff just need to get round to doing it xx

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...