Monday 21 November 2011

Please Sir can I have some more??

There are 3 Slimming world recipes that my family and myself could now never live without. They occur at least once a month each. I thought they deserved a wee blog.




Chicken Fried Rice! WOW what a Friday night hit this is! Its so so simple to make. I buy the little packs of prawn crackers and the kids ( and myself and Mike) love to scoop it up and eat it that way. If I have time some chips is a treat with it too. I prefer it now to the Chinese one! This is most defiantly a 10/10 recipe.



Diet Coke Gammon ( as its called in this house). Lovely Sunday roast meal this is. I normally serve it with the usual roast trimmings. I have done it in the Slow Cooker and though it worked it fell to bits when carving. Another 10/10 and very easy.





Finally, Balsamic Glazed Chicken. This one is just yum and I serve it with what's shown with. Potato Slices with a shaking of Paprika on them and some frozen veg. The smell is awful when you have to reduce the vinegar but the taste is to die for once the chicken is cooked. This is 11/10! 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Yum. The boys love ham in coke already - it's a hot favourite here too. The chicken fried rice looks great - no so sure about the balsamic chicken - think the smell would put me off haha but I think i'll give it a try!! Cheers hen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Balsamic Chicken is the BEST out the 3. Just open the window and it will be fine. Its just powerful YET the chicken tastes nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all look good but will have to do a shop first! tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, thanks for this, I'm going to try to copy the recipes from here. We were thinking of having gammon in the slow cooker this weekend, and the girls love the nigella coke version so this will be great. Rice is also a favourite of most of us. My diet is not going well, and needs inspiration so this will be a great help. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can't get them off here Sam I can easy scan and print off copies for you. Sometimes we all need to get inspired. x

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...