Saturday 4 February 2012

Eggs Eggs Eggs!

Eggs! We as a family adore eggs. Poached, fried, omelettes, hard boiled, soft boiled......... I adore all! ( only scrambled when I have been ill though) A wee while back I got my metal Chicken holder which I adore. Our eggs sit out at room temperature and we use the whole chicken full in a week to a fortnight. Since starting Slimming I have been eating more eggs which is what this post is all about and the point I am getting to in a minute.Every Wednesday I have an Omelette before weigh in at Slimming. I always have my supper before I go get weighted so at least I always feel if I have an omelette I am consuming the same amount before I step on the scales.At the weekend our breakfasts have more often now become Boiled eggs and soldiers. Love the sight of a bit of buttered toast dipping into the centre of a soft boiled egg and the eruption of soft yellow yolk oozing out and over the top! Geeez writing that made me want one again ha-ha.  I have always however wondered about Duck eggs. I have never ever tried them yet a lot of people I have spoke to have said they are stronger and richer tasting. I always buy my eggs from our Local farm shop( Allarburn http://www.allarburn.co.uk/website/index.asp). I always also buy Free Range. Seeing "Caged Hens" written on anything annoys me so bad and puts me off them. So when I was there today I decided to buy my usual tray of free range  extra large eggs and I also invested in a 6 pack of duck eggs. 
                                                         My Six Duck eggs

My Egg cutter opener Gadget
We are as a family GADGET freaks and this one is ACE! I bought it just up the road in the Woollen Mill shop and its a Boiled eggs cutter opener! In fact I have no idea what its proper name is but its ace and saves allot of hassle. It's a mean ass looking thing.

It is however, going to be a tight fit on the Duck Eggs. I may have to resort to the old fashioned knife way.

Question? Boiled Eggs.....How do you open yours??

2 comments:

  1. How do you like your eggs in the morning? fertilised? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gadget for every occasion!! :P

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...