Sunday 17 February 2013

Back out again


Well back to the land of Florence Nightingale I go! I had 2 weeks holidays, then 6 weeks back in college with a few terrible exams in this block. Maths was a killer! Have a few major research ones to do which should be good. I am back out on placement now for 6 weeks. This time I am in a residential Nursing Home for Elderly and palliative care. I hope to gain as much information as I can about Elderly care and especially about Dementia. Alzheimer's disease,  Vascular dementia, Dementia with Lewy bodies, Frontotemporal dementia, Parkinson’s.....I will be a sponge gathering all the info I can on these terrible conditions. I got my Student Nurse uniform back out the cupboard where they had been hanging all nice and covered for 8 weeks. How just to make my packed lunch!

 Wish me luck!

PS Hardly "Carry On Matron" nursing outfits thankfully! Its this tunic top and a pair of combats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...