Thursday 21 February 2013

ECDL PASSED!!!


After a year since starting it almost. Yesterday I finally passed my ECDL. ECDL describes itself as............. a  programme that is for anyone who wishes to become fully competent in the use of a computer and common applications.  Each ECDL module provides a practical programme of up-to-date skills and knowledge areas which are validated by a test.  I had to study seven separate modules then sit an assessment on each before then going on to do the examination. These modules were on the following,


  • Concepts of information and Communication technology (ICT)
  • Using the computer and managing files
  • Word processing
  • Spreadsheets
  • Using Databases
  • Presentation
  • Web Browsing and Communication

I left it too late to do, I have had a year and waited till the year was almost up to get my finger out and complete it. Its a handy qualification to add to a CV to prove I am computer literate as it is a globally recognised information and communication technology (ICT) and digital literacy qualification. 

Today it feels like a massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have had ECDL running round in my head, knowing it had to be done, for ages now. Now its done I can focus on my HNC and nursing! I have my HNC to pass this year and have just got my interview for University through (22 March). 


Got my ECDL, next to get my HNC, then to get my Degree! 

Onwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...