Sunday 10 February 2013

My first jog!


Today was my first ever run. I have been struggling to keep my weight under control since I returned to college. Having had a physical job before my body does not take kindly to sitting on my ( what is now a) lardy ass at college all day! Thing is trying to fit in my beloved Zumba and walks with my friends are getting harder and harder as college work piles up. I am in no way giving then up as the walk with my friends on a Thursday night is more a Psychological release! Its my weekly therapy session!  Zumba and I adore and will go to when I can but I need to up the exercise a bit to replace the physical work I did. This trainer suits me for the time aspect. It should mean I can get up and go whenever, wherever SO should fit in with my current schedule. Its just me and my phone so I should be able to go out when a time slot arrives! I am hoping to do the first 2 weeks with my husband so that should I take a bloody heart attack he can call for an Ambulance! 
 We left the house and started the first 5 minute warm up walk. By that time I was almost at the Local park when the lady told me to run. After that I was instructed to run for a minute then walk for 1.5 minutes. This past lasted 20 minutes. Then a cool down walk. Was just back at the house for it ending. Legs are a bit stiff just now but fingers crossed it gets easier!

Here are the Key Features of this app..


  • You alternate between walking and running until you build strength.
  • C25K™ is designed for people who are just taking up running
  • C25K is an 8 week long plan.
  • You workout 3 times a week, ideally with breaks between days.
  • Each workout session is from 30-40 minutes long (including 5 minutes warm up and 5 minutes cool down)                                                

2 comments:

  1. well done! I tried that last year and quite enjoyed it but only got as far as week 2 as I went on holiday and then never got back into it. Can't see me fitting it in again until after my moonwalk....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very similar to the 13 week training program we are doing to be able to run 10k. It certainly helps to have someone to run with when the workouts get harder. Just keep your runs very slow at the start. We were told it is a 'shuffle jog' Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...