Friday 1 February 2013

Thrown together soup!(Chicken, Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup)

Chicken, Bacon, Leek and Potato Soup is my newest thrown together soup! I had items in my fridge that if they were not used would be in the bin. These items were some cooked chicken and a few bits of bacon. I had a look on the internet for a recipe but these ingredients seemed to keep throwing up more a chowder style. I SO SO SO have to get back into slimming which requires me to cook. Fingers crossed this is the beginning of it.

1 x Leek
1 x Onion
1 packet of cooked chicken
3 small potatoes peeled and cubed
5 medallions of bacon
500 ml of chicken stock
300 ml of milk with a table spoon of cornflour in it.

Thrown together, leek and onion sweated down. Bacon cooked, throw in chicken and liquids then boiled and blended. Lovely on a cold winters day.
All in and sweating.....

Just before blending.

1 comment:

  1. Its certainly soup weather - can't get enough of it and will be trying this recipe thanks!

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...