For me, nothing beats seeing flowers in a natural setting. Today in the woods while walking Frodo, there was a wonderful display of snowdrops. They looked so pretty in the undergrowth beneath the trees.
Wednesday, 26 February 2014
Top 10 Slimming Tips
- Don't go on a diet . . . successful slimming is more likely to be achieved by subtle changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. Changes that you can live with and come to enjoy.
- Eat slowly and you'll eat less . . . put your knife and fork down between mouthfuls, sip water with your meals and take smaller bites. It takes a while for your body to recognise that it's had enough food - the slower you can eat, the less you'll want. Don't feel like you have to 'clean your plate' especially when you're eating restaurant-sized portions.
- Don't ban any foods . . . from your slimming plan - especially things you like. Enjoy a small portion from time to time. Banning foods is a sure-fire way to make you crave them.
- Visualise how you're going to look . . . when you reach your slimming goal. What will you be doing? How will you feel? What clothes will be in your wardrobe?
- Never give up . . . on a goal because of the time it's going to take to get there - the time will pass anyway.
- Keep a food diary . . . preferably calorie counted. It will enable you to identify which foods/drinks you need to have a bit less of; times/circumstances when you're likely to over-eat, and whether you're getting a varied diet with enough fruit and veg.
- Don't go shopping . . . when you're hungry - if you buy it, you'll most likely end up eating it. Most of us hate throwing food away.
- Be nice to yourself . . . if you have a bad day, don't beat yourself up. Congratulate yourself on how many good days you've had and realise that one bad day isn't going to spoil it all.
- Get some exercise . . .successful slimmers tend to make exercise part of their plan. It doesn't have to be hard - even 20-30 minutes of fairly brisk walking a day will pay dividends. Add two weekly sessions of resistance training(which helps you burn more calories even whilst you're asleep) and you'll be looking great that much quicker. Every little helps - look for opportunities to be more active in your daily life.
- Reward yourself . . . give yourself a treat for each pound and stone you lose. New clothes make a great incentive when you're slimming - you could put �x per pound lost
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
Monday, 24 February 2014
I had written a long as post about how I was terrible at weight loss, slimming, fitness etc but it dissppeared and I can't be assed writing it all again. Done this tonight so will weigh in before bed and see how I get on.
My post that disappeared was based on the fact I never keep at it. I never do it right.... I have the most amazing intentions. I have joined, rejoined and rejoined again slimming world. I know it works when I STICK to the diet! I go to Zumba..... When I can't make up an excuse not to! I bought all the running gear but it's too cold! I have a dog !!!!! But it's often to cold for him. I do truly believe I need to learn to eat differently. This hypnotic band thing is not magic. It's not special. It's just telling you to eat with you are hungry and stop when you are full. Sounds simple till I was asked..on the cd... To remeber the last time I was really hungry. Scary thing was I couldn't. I remember as a slim teen having my belly rumble and it was normal. Fingers crossed...... Realisticly I would like to be as slim as I was on honeymoon which was about the 11 1/2 stone in this pic.
- ► 2011 (60)
- ► 2012 (22)
- ▼ February (6)
- ► 2015 (237)
- ► 2016 (220)
- ► 2017 (162)