Tuesday 7 September 2010

The exercise began!!!!



Its been along time since I felt fit. Not just fit but well and fit. During August I was diagnosed with an Underactive Thyroid. This explained loads to me. 








  • feeling tired and sleeping a lot
  • feeling the cold easily
  • dry and/or pale skin
  • coarse, thinning hair and brittle nails
  • sore muscles, slow movements and weakness
  • a hoarse or croaky voice
  • problems with memory and concentration
  • weight gain
  • constipation
  • heavy, irregular or prolonged menstrual periods


 The aching pains in all  my joints and bones where explained!!!! It was an ace feeling to know that I was not going mad and it could be fixed with pills. Its not great yet but getting there. Once I am up and on the go its easier but getting up and on the go is hard going. So I knew that exercise would have to be slow and steady...........boy was I wrong!!!! Straight into Zumba!


Staring 2 weeks ago it all began! ZUMBA! Started going on a Thursday night with Sharon ( who's blog inspirered me to do this and who is also 40 the same week as me) . First night I fell in love with it! The latin beat music, the sexy moves, the speed of it...........for me it is perfect! Its exercise but its FUN.


Also since the schools went back I have made Kelly walk to the Academy which leaves me free to walk Marcus and Frodo ( the dog) to school. Works out about 1.5 miles a day(guessing). I am sure though that I will buckle and give them a lift in the rainy days. I would walk to my own work or cycle even but I would be pushing the time for getting Marcus if I was late out any day. So that can wait till he is a little bigger.


Another plus is my new hours at work. Working at 10 on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday gives me less time to sit at the PC and nibble. Instead I am up working and having a nice balanced lunch.




This week is my 1st week of TWO Zumba classes and new hours combo! Lets hope I get on ok!


Weight still 14 stone 4 lbs!!!



3 comments:

  1. Every step is a step in the right direction!! You've done great so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have popped over from Sharons blog to say hi - you have done really well stopping smoking so am sure you will suceed with the weight loss too. Zumba sounds great fun - maybe I should give it a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments both of you :) x x

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...