Thursday 11 August 2011

I am back!

Been a while since I posted, in fact about 7 weeks! I think I stopped just before the school holidays started and we are back on Monday!. Wow it went way too fast. Will do a catch up blog and try to keep it brief.


Whooping Cough ( pertussis)


If was confirmed that it was that. The blood results came back after 3 and a half weeks. It is known as the 100 day cough, so by our estimates we should finally be clear of it about mid September. Down to maybe 2 to 4 bouts a day now which is ace. Was a huge relief to have it confirmed it, was like a huge weight off my shoulders. I was sure I was going mad cause I was so convinced that is what we had. Kelly who had it far worse than me is well on her way to recovery :)


Holidays


We went away for a week at the end of July. Spent our 1st night in Kendal at the Lake District. SO pretty there, had a lovely chippy supper in Windermere on the edge of the Lake. After that we headed south to our base for the next 5 nights. Crewe. We only went to Crewe cause it was cheaper than all the surrounding places yet it ended up being the best base for the whole area. While there we visited a Secret Nuclear Bunker, Chester Zoo, Alton Towers, the village of Chester, Thretham Gardens and Monkey world in Stoke on Trent. Met up with friends who had lived up here for a long time, was great to see them again. After that we headed back to Bonnie Scotland and stopped in a travel lodge near Glasgow just to break the journey. Was a great break away.


Exercise


To be honest just writing DONE NONE covers it. I am going to plead a bit that the whooping cough did hinder...... I intend to get back into it starting tonight with Zumba. Then I aim for walking 2 miles a day at least!
END OF CONVERSATION!. 


Dieting


OMG how much bread / bread rolls / pitta breads / wraps/ in fact any bread product can I cram, ram, through down my throat? I don't know the answer as I never got to the stage of having to stop due to being sick! Oh my days, I have a serious addiction to it. The more I eat, the more I want, the more I want, the more I buy. Bread is most defiantly my "chocolate". Its my fix. Its my craving! Crusty bread rolls! I am going to ask for a 24 pack for my Christmas diner!


In all seriousness though the change in my body over this last 7 weeks is scary. I have gained 8 pounds which is not that bad, I can get that off again but the changes inside is scary. I was just getting to the stage with my diet and exercise that my body was recovering, my joints ached less, energy levels where rising, and I felt and looked better. After this seven week slip I can feel it all again. My joints ache when I get up to move about however does ease once I get going. Sluggish is the word that describes my energy levels.Do I want to walk the dog? nah I will just sit on the pc while the others go. Its amazing how diet can effect your body, I am looking forward to the healthy food again!


Started back at Slimming World last night, starting Zumba tonight, back to walking tomorrow! BRING IT ON!





1 comment:

  1. Hi its me the Handsome one from your Blogs.

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...