Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas Baubles

Christmas Baubles are something that I have always adored. Nearly all of mine tell a story. Some stories are good, some are pathetic but 90% on my tree are special to me.Some I have had since I was 1st married, some have caught my eye across crowded shops and begged me to buy them, some of course are ones the kids have made. The other 10% I  found and thrown on to fill a gap or its one of the kids ones they have bought or made.  I am terrible about my tree. I have obsessive OCD when it comes to the tree. The lights have to be evenly spaced and I have been known to remove the sets a few times to get it right. Then the Baubles.........They are arranged and moved loads. Tree branches are physically bent in strange directions till I get the right amount of dangle off them and they right amount of light hits them. As you can imagine I am pretty much left alone to do the tree because of the "DON'T PUT THAT THERE!" I tend to whisper......... Anyways this year Marcus ( who is 8) was helping me, Bless him. I just made a deal with him that he would do the bottom and I would do the top. I also ensured that cartoons was on the TV so I could "alter" where he placed them as he turned to watch Spongebob!

These are a few of my favourites. Glass ones/ Clear ones are my main favourite. I adore the way they grab the light and alter it. They sparkle and bling all the way over the holidays. 

A plain basic shaped one

 Love this one, it is filled with thin stands of tinsel which catch the lights fantastic

Love this Snowman. His face lights up and is always cheery

 What is Christmas without a Reindeer. This is the oldest decoration on the tree. His antlers used to have loads of Glitter but that's worn off now.
This Snowman is ultra heavy so he has to have a branch to sit on too other wise he would drag the whole branch and fall off.



I do adore Christmas and LOVE when I get get my Decorations out the loft and up. Here are a few photos of some of my other favourite pieces. 
The tree in its place. Under the tree is a collection of festive teddy bears. They come out with the Christmas decorations and sit under the tree each year. We started that as our last dog Honey would love to have a sniff, pull, lick, chew of the Christmas presents so it was safer to not put them there. That left a hideous gap so Kelly placed some Christmas teddies there and so it began. Now there is about 20! Its funny how wee traditions like that start.

 I have never been one to have Ornaments sitting out. For me they are Dust Collectors and I hate to dust! However Christmas is the exception so I have all my Christmas Bears and snowmen out and this year have them on my TV unit.
 Candles! What can I say I do adore Candles as I have blogged about before. These are my Christmas ones. One thing I do have is a fear of naked flames so you will notice you very very rarely see a candle of mine sitting exposed. It normally always has some kind of cover or side round it.

 I bought this Fibre Optic scene years ago now. Its so pretty when its going yet they never run quiet, there is always a hummmmmmm noise. Its on a separate plug so sits out but is not always on.
My Twig lights from a previous blog. Now even more festive!

 My Christmas lights on my Patio Doors. Always look far more festive when there is snow outside! I even have a penguin light out side against the shed there, Its never plugged in but is always taken out to stand there.
I ADORE this Garland. I bought it years ago. I only bought 2 lengths at the time cause it was so expensive! The white on the ivy used to sparkle with glitter but that's almost all gone. I so so wish I had bought more as they never got it in again.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...