Have to get in to slimming again so started back on plan today. I have gained an insane 7+ pounds over the holidays! I can hardly breath in my jeans so its time to fix it! I follow a few Slimming World blogs and healthy eating sites through Facebook and Twitter and came across this recipe. I tend to copy/paste so can't remember where exactly I got it. I had a huge Roast Chicken last night with loads of left over chicken I decided to give it a try. Only thing that was harder to find was Creamed Corn. Got it in the end. This soup was ace! Just like the Chinese. Never added egg to soup before but it rated with me a 9/10. Is most defiantly on the menu again.
The ingredients. Pretty simple. Just some stock to add to that.
The end soup with the string bits of egg in it.
Chicken and Sweetcorn soup (Serves 4)
1 bunch of spring onions sliced
Frylight to fry off the spring onions
14oz (400g) can of creamed sweetcorn
4 oz frozen sweetcorn (tinned is fine though)
6oz cooked chicken meat
1+1/4 pints of chicken stock
1 egg, beaten
1. Fry spring onions for 30 seconds
2. Add creamed and frozen sweetcorn, chicken and stock
3. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Bring almost to the boil, add beaten egg slowly, while gently stirring soup to form egg threads
5. Cook until the egg has set - do not boil