Sunday 28 November 2021

Week ending 28/11/21 Health and High winds!

 Weekly update Blogs


So my new intention is to keep my blog updated with weekly updates.

After Kelly needed to read a blog and see what my thyroid symptoms were way back in 2010,

it made me realise I miss Blogging. So to start I plan a weekly update on what's happened in my

week/ fortnight/ Month. ( whenever I blog)


For this past while I was struggling with menopausal symptoms. I never went to the gp as I

decided long ago that I wanted to try and get through the menopause without HRT. I am in

no way against HRT and if I need it, I will take it BUT I wanted to see what the carry on was

so I did some research.

This past while, the sweats and night sweats have gotten mental. I feel like I am in the

Karate Kid but instead of wax on wax off its cover on cover off! I have always been a good

sleeper but even though I have felt more and more exhausted, never refreshed, my get up

and go got up and ran away with my vavavoom!. I already take Sage daily as I read years

ago that it helps, I still take it even though I am sweating, my reasoning being how bad

would I be without it? Lots of sources online big up the B vitamins so I had ordered some.

I had a lightbulb moment a few weeks ago at work when a patient was in, aged the same as mine, and she was in for lots of blood as her symptoms were the same/similar  to mine.

  So I decided to maybe write down all mine and send them as an econsult to the Doctor.

Here is what I discussed..

Was I menopausal? I have no idea because of the coil, sweats and night sweats are mental.

Palpitations were really bad but I have come off most caffeine. Lack of interest in sex.

I had started sage and bought vit B's

My friend gave me a stick to try! Meant to say if you are in the menopause 


BUT could I be Diabetic? that can be linked to sweating and I know I often take hypos and can

function with a BM of 2.3mmols! I have a BMI that makes me obese and my dad is a diet

controlled Diabetic!

OR could it be my iron levels? Years ago I went folate deficient and had to take a 3 month

course of medications. I have been tired and do get short of breath but that could be linked

to menopause and being overweight!

Anyways I bit the bullet, sent in the econsult and that day I got a reply for a phone call

appointment for the gp. I explained all the above to her and she agreed to a full blood screen.

That was done this week. 2 days later a text from the GP to call them! 

B12 level is low so a 3 month course of medication! 

So I have since done some more research and I am cranking up to better menopause supplements.

See if they help and if they don't I will happily take HRT.


Also along with that I have decided to increase my meat and milk intake, I had been going mostly

vegetarian with Mike for ease of making 1 supper but my own health has to come first for me

so I will add in 4 meat meals for me and still have a few vegetarian ones.

Met my friend's new puppy this week, a super cute wee Patterdale Terrier called Angus.







Bought a new Tourniquet for work as the one my daughter got me to start my job had almost given up on the elastic front but I liked it so much I bought the same one!


ALSO got my first mammogram this week! I had it in my mind it was going to be horrifically

painful but it wasn't bad at all. Results in a few weeks.

Storm Arwen hit on Friday and it was crazy weather. Came home to find a part of the

conservatory roof had blown in! Luckily in and not out and away from that would have been awful.

Mike, Marcus and I managed to get it sorted up and then Saturday saw me have to do a massive

deep clean of the room as the wind and rain had made a major mess.



Quite an eventful week for a blog post ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...