Saturday 21 January 2023

2023 Lets do this!

 Well, its been a long time since I wrote on here and so much has happened! Allow me to update!


Following on from the last Blog what's happened..........


HEALTH

Mammogram was abnormal so had to attend hospital for more detailed ones OUCH it hurts!






There was a scar they could see that they figured was scar tissue from old? or a burst cyst? Anyways all clear and return in 3 years as routine.


Started on HRT. Seems alot better, not as painful on the joints and most of my symptoms have gone, What were they?  This is what I sent to the GP and BANG HRT given.

Menopausal?

  • hot flushes mostly at night. I have taken sage one a day for years which I feel helps. 
  • Always tired- exhausted more the word. 
  • Tender breasts 
  • palpitations (less than before b12 replacement)
  • Frequent headaches
  • Horrific muscle aches and joint pains. This is the worst symptom
  • changed body shape and weight gain
  • itchy dry skin at times but I do lather on creams
  • Zero sex drive
  • vaginal dryness at times
  • recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) 
 So far so good after 6 months apart from.........

After being stable for years on my thyroid medications my recent blood showed I needed an increase. I imagine this is down to the HRT/menopause and the hormones so thats just been upped this month.


DIET

As always I live my life on a diet being the obese person I am. I had great success with the Fast 800 and I have ( just today) committed to returning to it by subscribing to a group Fast mama that I have enjoyed being part of before.
I find the low carb, higher fat protein style diet suits me but I do need a weekly carb to save me going way off plan! 

I commit to losing my 4 stone this year and this time keeping it off, I want to get active and climb hills before I am too old to do so! I want to look and feel better in my body and I am doing this purely for me and my health! 

PETS

Sadly we lost both our old cats in the last year so we have a few months with none. Now we have 3! Loki, Neo and Mika! 

Malf is still here and happy

Sam, our daughters rabbit is here too 

Still have 3 fish and a shrimp but once they go there will be no more fish.


JOB

Changed job again. Though I absolutely loved my job in the GP practice a promotional role came up in the ward where I worked before. I did think long and hard about it and basically I moved for money. Up a band means I will get a better pension on retiring and can make a lot more money now for holidays etc!

I also am loving the job far more than I thought I would, I am enjoying learning the management role.


LIFE

Hoping to climb hills and go abroad this year then see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...