Wednesday 4 January 2012

My aims for 2012

So the new year has begun with a few aims. First is to lose at least 2 stone. I lost 1 and a half last year but that was slowed with chest related illnesses. If I lose 2 that takes me JUST into having inside the healthy BMI range. A wee bit more would be nice but I am focusing on that two initially. 

I am doing this with Slimming World and exercise. Slimming World has changed the way we as a family eat and I can't even remember what we did before. We eat in a very healthy way, cook in a very healthy way and this is now the way we do it. Its a lifestyle change more than a diet.  


Exercise for me is in a few forms. Zumba which I have blogged about for over a year now. I LOVE it! I go to classes as I never found the games on the Wii or Xbox as good as the real thing. The gym is good for when the weather is bad, which is handy since I am in the North of Scotland! Finally walking. 

Walking is the best I think. You walk about with either my friends or with the dog and iPod on! Though with friends is the better, you can yap and yap and we ladies can do that plenty. So far I have signed up for the Moonwalk in Edinburgh and the pack came in the other day.

 I am also going to do 2 local walks. The six Harbours walk. This is a local walk using the coastal path that connected 6 Harbours. I have known a good few people who have done this now and they say its a stunning walk to do http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/committee.asp?ClubCtteeID=5277&ClubID=17

and the Speyside Kilt walk. This walk follows the Speyside way from the Buckie to Aberlour stretch of it. This covers 26 miles of the 78 mile walk. http://www.thekiltwalk.co.uk/main/events-and-fundraising/speyside.html

The Moonwalk and Kilt walk will take some serious training which I am kinda looking forward to as an awesome weight loss boost. Below are some pics of my Moonwalk pack.

I wrote in the dates that these are meant to be done but I imagine us starting long before that

The pack



1 comment:

  1. Keep on walking, i'm glad i spelt that correct.

    ReplyDelete

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...