Saturday 14 January 2012

Slimming World Extra Easy All in One 1st go

Tried my 1st recipe out of my new Slimming World book tonight. 

Slimming World Extra Easy All in One

Ace hard back book. The most expensive one I have bought at £9.99 but so far so good. You can see in one of these pictures I have put little pink post-its at each of the recipes I want to try. I have 4 picked out for this week so will see how I get on with them. The aim of the book is of course All in one pot. This covers a casserole, in the oven, wok, slow cooker etc. This was the first. One Pot Chicken with Couscous. The heading reads. " Bring a taste of Morocco to the table with this warming dish of chicken, vegetables and couscous.

I thought I would for once do a "Delila Smith" and have all the ingredients ready

All in the pan and the smell was delightful


the recipe and how its meant to look ( see all the future dishes in pink)

How it turned out! Kinda the same, a bit more yellow I think lol.

How was it? It was disappointing. The chicken was tasteless considering the Turmeric and Curry Powder. The Couscous would of been nicer if I had not added the lemon at the end. It seemed to over power it and turn it completely lemon tasting. I might make it again but season the chicken and let it marinade more and no lemon! Overall 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...