Friday 7 December 2018

New beginning SMART style, New blog

New beginning SMART style, New blog

……………so today marks the last day of this unhealthy unmotivated, unmoving lifestyle. Cleaning out the cupboards of junk food, food planning and tidying round the treadmill all to begin tomorrow.
Also today saw me decide to bring back the real blog. All my Instagram posts have posted to my blog over on blogger but it is no longer updated and word on the web says that google may drop it at any time. The threat of losing all the posts over the last 8 years was too much to handle so with the help of my hubby I got my own web domain name, hosting and even managed to get all my posts moved over. They are all here but have to tags, categories etc which will take time. I am not sure if to link my Instagram to here or keep both separate like I used to….
I read a good book on holiday in Spain which kinda hit home. Its called Memoirs of a former Fatty by Gemma Dale. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Memoirs-Former-Fatty-girl-went-ebook/dp/B01FCF9THM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533494279&sr=8-1&keywords=memoirs+of+a+former+fatty
It basically said there is no fad diet, there is no quick fix. The only way to get healthy, lose weight and get fit, is hard hard work.  In the book she mentions setting SMART goals. SMART goals remind me of my nursing training and they were drummed into us then. Make any goal to be Specific,Measurable, Achievable,Realistic and|Timely. By setting goals within this SMART ideals, then they are certainly do able.
 
My large ideal dream far off goals are to lose 2 stone by Christmas then another 1 or 2 by next summer.
My initial small goals are set over a 4 week time scale.  Then at the end of this first 4 weeks I will reassess and set another 4 weeks. For me I feel 4 weeks are doable so here are my first block of goals.
1. Lose a stone.  I am returning to slimming world yet again. I feel, for me, the guidance this gives me especially in the first month is needed to focus. I am going to the Thursday night class for the next 2 months I am off all but 1 Thursday. This give me regular class and time of weekly weigh in. Though as I am starting on Monday I will always also weigh on a Monday at home.

2. Weeks 1-4 of C25k. I have gotten to week 6 of this before so know I can run for 25 minutes with no stopping. But its been a while and I need to begin again. Going to do 3 runs a week and follow the program. You could do it every second day but I feel 3 a week is good enough.


3. Aim a class a week.  The other 2 are set as I AM doing them. Sticking to Healthy eating and embarking on C25k is very good but if I can start to add in one class a week at my local leisure centre at some point I will be delighted. I enjoy the dance style of Zumba or Aerobics. I also enjoy Pilates so any of that 3 would be good. This goal is more to get into the habit of fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...