Thursday 20 December 2018

Walk 1000 miles in a year!

Walk 1000 miles in a year! I saw a friend link this on Facebook and I thought ACE what a great motivation for 2019. To walk 1000 miles in the year would be an amazing achievement and a great way to ( as always) lose weight. So instantly I followed the links and signed up, I read a few motivational and emotional post from people who have just completed this in 2018 and pics of them taking their last steps over the line.


What an epic way to get healthy and loose weight and gain fitness. I even went and tagged my husband to join me on this adventure.

You can sign up here.https://www.walk1000miles.co.uk/


I think its a great idea if someone needs motivation to move. It was only after I done this that I thought to check my fitbit and see what I had done over the last year and how much more effort it would take for me to reach 1000 miles in a year.  I wear my fitbit 99.9% of the time unless its charging. Being a nurse I wear it with a strap extension round my ankle as I am not allowed to wear anything below the elbow.


This is where my plan goes a bit to pot.
In the last year I have already walked 1446 miles! oh the joys of an NHS nurse pounding the hospital floor.
Its seems this goal is not for me. I shall think again, i enjoyed the pic a day on Instagram but lasted just 4-5 months. Perhaps I will redo that along with the usual loose weight and get fit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...