Friday 7 December 2018

Syn free chicken pate

Syn free chicken pate

Firm fav of mine from long ago. Syn free chicken pate.
Freezes great so I froze them in wee ice cream size scoop balls for ease of removing. Recipe below.
SW Chicken Pate Syn free
500g chicken livers trimmed and cleaned.
4 lean bacon rashers.
1 onion finely chopped.
I crushed garlic clove
1/4 tsp mustard powder
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste.
300g quark.
Fry the liver and bacon until golden but pink in the middle 6-8 minutes.
Place the live, bacon and pan juices in a processor.
Spray the pan with fry light and add the onion and garlic and cook till onion is soft but not coloured. Add the thyme lemon and mustard and scrape the pan to release any juices.
Add onion mixture to the processor with the quark and blend till smooth.
Place into tubs and chill for 24 hours.
Can be frozen after the 24 hours chilled and I have made it with lemon thyme, smoked and unsmoked bacon and the one tonight had lemon zest and juice in it too. Good basic recipe to alter as you wish.
#swfooddiary #slimmingworld #planplanplan #sw #startingover #synfreepate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...