Friday 7 December 2018

Pipe shelves

Pipe shelves

Pinterest got me into the whole idea of Pipe art. Being married to a plumber is often inspiring as there is nothing this man of mine cant do.

Years ago he made some shelves and I loved them so when doing up the living room which now are hanging in my downstairs toilet. Sounds awful but they look very cool there with old local bottles on show.
When we recently decorated the living room there was a blank bit on the wall and he suggested we do the same idea. The old and new shelves are both made from scaffolding boards but the first is MI ( malleable iron) pipe and the new ones are shiny copper. I love them all.  Pinterest has so many ideas for this kind of unique style and I am sure this wont be the last one we have.
It began with marking it onto the newly painted walls. Love this colour, its called Fruits of the Forest from B&Q. Living room is a dark dark room but it adds a touch of warmth I feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bang to remember!

A bang to remember! Tuesday 18th July. Nice enough day weather wise, I decided to go out onto my swing seat in the garden with my coffee. I ...